The State of Colorado has open carry yet Denver City is reluctant to allow its citizens to fully exercise their Second Amendment rights
- Having an armed citizenry reduces crime.- Criminals, (politicians, business folk, and police) are less likely to commit crimes if they know locals are armed.
- Supports the 2nd Amendment‘s “right of the people to keep and bear arms”, and argue that most adults who legally carry a concealed gun are law-abiding and do not misuse their firearms.
- All the other US states have passed laws for open carry of arms.
- Allow the concealed carry of firearms on its college campus.
- Advocates for the unrestricted carry of guns in Denver.
- Supports “shall-issue” laws where police do not have discretion in issuing concealed weapon permits as long as individuals meet minimum requirements, such as minimum age, no prior felony conviction, and no recent commitments to a mental institution (as of March 14,2014).